The Washtenaw County Medical Society (WCMS) has been empowering physicians since 1827. Nearly half of the physicians in Washtenaw County are members of the WCMS.
· Make your voice heard on local, state, and national medical issues
· Connect with local physicians, medical students, and the health of our community
· Help influence legislative and regulatory issues that affect and protect the profession of medicine
· Gain education and leadership on topics of interest in the practice and design of medicine
Membership is open year-round to physicians and medical students via the online application. When you become a member of the Washtenaw County Medical Society, you also become a member of the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS). The best way to start receiving benefits immediately is to click the Join Now button below. A second window will open on the MSMS website.
Whether you want to be actively involved, or hold the prestige of being a member in good standing, the WCMS welcomes you to Washtenaw County.
· Leadership and learning opportunities
· Legislative advocacy with local and state legislators
· Local networking events and programs
· Connections to mentors and membership collaboration opportunities
Membership is about physicians, public health, and the medical community as a whole. Membership dues help support an organized, unified effort to advance the medical profession, locally and statewide. The WCMS mission is 100% driven by the voice of physicians and is not motivated by profit or self-interest.
Benefits of WCMS and MSMS Membership
We work with the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS), and are affiliated with the American Medical Association (AMA). Your membership connects you to even more resources through these organizations.
· Advocacy connections with Washtenaw County and Michigan State legislators
· Leadership opportunities
· Mentorship and fellowship
· Listing in the WCMS Physician Directory
· Gain referrals from the WCMS and MSMS
· The WCMS Bulletin
· Special membership discounts (CME programs and practice management education)
· Michigan Medicine Magazine
· Assistance with reimbursement and coding problems
· Exclusive access to On-Demand Webinars and “Members Only” products and services
MSMS and WCMS are dedicated to working for you to provide resources, and foster relationships to boost visibility and credibility of the medical profession in the community.
2021 Membership Flyer - click to download