The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) announced that DocExchange is now live and open to all MSMS/WCMS members and staff! This new collaborative tool provides you with access to networking and educational opportunities, as well as an easy-to-use discussion forum where you may connect, engage and share information and best practices with other MSMS/WCMS members and staff.
DocExchange will be your go-to place to connect, ask advice and share expertise about all things health care or MSMS. You can even share large files without cluttering your inbox!
DocExchange's main discussion group, MEDTalk, is available to all members and staff. Each member already has a customizable profile, so take five minutes and follow the instructions below to start making connections!
Getting Started on DocExchange:
- Log in at http://docexchange.msms.org. Your username and password are the same as what you use for the MSMS website. If you're not sure what your login information is, click on the 'Reset Password' link on the login page of the MSMS website and follow the prompts: https://msms.org/login.
*Important: When you log in for the first time, please be sure to read over the E-Group Rules and click on the 'I Accept' box at the bottom of the E-Group Rules & Etiquette page. You will need to accept these rules before continuing to DocExchange.
- Complete Your Profile. Your colleagues will want to know a little bit about you. You can complete your profile by importing information from LinkedIn or simply enter your information on the profile page.
*Important: Basic contact and employment information is automatically populated onto your DocExchange profile.
- Build Your Contact List. A great benefit of DocExchange is the searchable member directory. Connect with friends, colleagues, fellow members, and MSMS staff.
- Review Your Email Settings. All members are auto-subscribed to MEDTalk and you will start to receive emails containing new discussion posts as members start participating. To update your email preferences, visit the "Settings" page under the "My Profile" tab in the menu bar. You can choose from the following options:
- Real Time: You will receive an email each time a new message is posted
- Daily Digest: You will receive one email each day containing all of the previous day's messages
- No Email: This means that you won't receive any emails in your inbox. You will need to log in to DocExchange to view and reply to discussion posts
Please make sure that your email address is accurate or you will not be able to receive any discussion posts.
Tip: To make sure that you always receive emails from DocExchange, please be sure to add "DoNotReply@ConnectedCommunity.org" to your email safe list. Instructions for adding emails to your safe list can be found in the user guide.
- Post a Message. Have a question? Your colleagues can help! Hover over the "Participate" tab on the menu bar and click on "Post a Message".
- Share. Just like the "take a penny, leave a penny" model, if you find something useful on DocExchange, we hope you will share something of your own! To share a document, hover over the "Participate" tab and click on "Share a File".
- Need Assistance? Check out our user guide to help you navigate this new community or browse the FAQ page. If you need additional guidance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Connecting on DocExchange!