The Washtenaw County Medical Society (WCMS) has been empowering physicians since 1827. Nearly half of the physicians in Washtenaw County are members of the WCMS.
· Make your voice heard on local, state and national healthcare issues
· Connect with local physicians and the health of our community
· Help influence legislative issues that effect and protect our profession
· Gain education on topics of interest and current controversies in medical practice
Whether you want to be actively involved, or hold the prestige of being a member in good standing, the WCMS welcomes you to Washtenaw County.
· Leadership and learning opportunities
· Legislative advocacy with local and state legislators
· Local networking events and programs
· Connections to mentors and membership collaboration opportunities
Membership is about physicians, public health, and the medical community as a whole. Membership dues help support an organized, unified effort to advance the medical profession, locally and statewide. The WCMS mission is 100% driven by the voice of physicians and is not motivated by profit or self-interest.
Benefits of WCMS and MSMS Membership
We work with the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS), and are affiliated with the American Medical Association (AMA), your membership connects you even more resources through these organizations.
· Advocacy connections with Washtenaw County and Michigan State legislators
· Leadership opportunities
· Mentorship and fellowship
· Listing in the WCMS Physician Directory
· Gain referrals from the WCMS and MSMS
· The WCMS Bulletin
· Special membership discounts (CME programs and practice management education)
· Michigan Medicine Magazine
· Assistance with reimbursement and coding problems
· Exclusive access to On-Demand Webinars and “Members Only” products and services
MSMS and WCMS are dedicated to working for you to provide resources, and foster relationships to boost visibility and credibility of the medical profession in the community.
PLEASE NOTE: The MSMS website launched in 2014. If you had a username/password before then, it is no longer valid. Please contact MSMS via phone (517) 337-1351 or email email@example.com if you're having trouble with your membership account.