|WCMS Looks to Newly Formed Nominating Committee and MSMS Board Seat Opportunities
In Spring 2019, more than 200 Delegates and Alternate Delegates convened for the 154th annual meeting of the MSMS HOD to debate and determine the policies, priorities, and direction of MSMS.
The HOD overwhelmingly approved the Final MSMS Organizational Remodeling Recommendations. Key provisions include:
· Board size maintained – 34 members
· Current Board members will be able to serve out their regular terms
· Nine regions - ensuring geographic representation on the Board is maintained, while eliminating fluctuation with membership changes
· Retains current seven officer positions (President-Elect, President, Immediate Past President, Speaker, Vice-Speaker, Secretary, and Treasurer) and three section positions (Young Physician, Resident, Student)
· Up to six new designated (non-geographic) seats created with the same three three-year term limits as geographically elected members
· Nominating Committee consisting of one representative from each of the nine regions and the Immediate Past President
· Board review of its composition every three years with a report to the HOD on recommended adjustments
The Nominating Committee will vet candidates for each of the six, new designated seats:
· Physician Organization (PO) Leader
· Independent Small Practice
· Physician Leader from Health System
· Physician Serving in Government/Public Health Role
· Designated Institutional Official or Physician Representing GME Training
· At Large Physician
The Committee will present the slate of candidates for open positions at the House of Delegates each year. The HOD will have the final vote on the slate of candidates for the designated seats.
Are you interested in being considered for one of these six seats? Please contact Gabrielle Szlenkier at (734) 668-6241 or via email.