The State of Michigan will be replacing the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS) with Appriss, PMP AWARxE software, effective April 4, 2017.
As directed by the Michigan State Medical Society's (MSMS) House of Delegates, upgrading the software platform is a crucial element in improving and measuring physician use of MAPS and thereby serving to help reduce the amount of prescription drugs available for illicit purposes.
Pre-registration to the Appriss PMP Clearinghouse is now open! Please find important information below, and refer to the Michigan Data Submission Dispenser Guide for additional guidance.
Key Dates to Remember
- March 8, 2017: Please visit https://pmpclearinghouse.net and click on Create Account to begin registration. If you already have an account with Appriss' PMP Clearinghouse, you do not need to re-register.
- April 3, 2017: Last day to submit files to the existing MAPS.
- April 4, 2017: All reporting must go through PMP Clearinghouse.
New Reporting Requirements
- PAT02 - ID Qualifier
- PAT17 - Patient Phone Number
- There are also additional fields we prefer be reported. Please review the attached Dispenser Guide in its entirety to avoid errors in reporting.
The Bureau of Professional Licensing recommends contacting your pharmacy software vendor immediately to ensure all necessary changes are complete prior to April 4, 2017. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the registration process or the submission of data, please contact Appriss directly at (844) 364-4767. Technical assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Should you have any policy questions, including changes to data submission requirements, please contact the MAPS support team at (517) 373-1737 or by e-mail at BPL-MAPS@michigan.gov.